Monday, November 24, 2008

weekly missionary news


Hi Gang, I am posting these pictures of this family because it is a typical story of how things work, out here in the North Country.  Mosiah and his wife Cindy were both raised in Orem, Ut and went to Orem HS.  Mosiah is flight engineer on the Chinock helicopter.  He deployed less than a month ago to Kirkuk, Iraq.  They had just bought a house in Natural Bridge, NY out in the country.  They have 4 year old twins and Mosiah's brother Dennis is living with them. They have been inactive since arriving over two years ago.  A week after Mosiah left, the upstairs toilet started to leak.  After several trips and parts I was able to fix that problem. Before I left I asked if everything else was alright.  Cindy told me the dishwasher wasn't working.  I checked it out and found that the valve in the basement was spraying hot water all over the place.  The plumbing was so old that the valve just broke apart.  I finally got things shut off and was able to get a new valve and fixed it the next day.  If I hadn't gone into the basement and notice the flooding who knows how long it would have lasted.  Cindy and the twins have been going to church since Mosiah left. Mosiah came to church the Sunday before he left and asked for a deployment blessing, imagine that.  Oh, did I mention that Mosiah's father Jorge sold us our car before we left, we found that out after visiting them here.  Mosiah noticed our license plate and frame and said his Dad worked there as a salesman.  Situations simular to this happen all the time out here.  They are common place until you start to think back on them.  The top picture was taken just a hour before Mosiah deployed with his unit, Scott and Jen were there also. At that time I promised Mosiah I would keep an eye on his family. We love the work and miss you all, stay close. Love Mom and Dad  

Add Image

No comments: