Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello everyone
from good old
Nauvoo.  We have been through a really busy week, but totally enjoyable.  Lots of song practice for the Rendezvous and Sunset.

These are two musical plays that are performed nightly by the missionaries at Nauvoo.  Rendezvous is a story about Nauvoo, Sunset is a production musical with band and all where the missionaries are the chorus. We are busy learning the music and movement parts. This requires lots of practice time.  Mom started working at the historical sites this week, the Heber C Kimbal home,   Lyon Drug and the Family Living Center (FLC).  I worked out of the carpenter shop, my companion, a former professor at UVU, and I installed a new shower sorround in the young sisters home.  There are 20 young sisters who will arrive on the 11th of April to work the visitors center for the summer. The work we do is  pretty basic and we enjoy it.  The picture above is the back or our home with the rig I get to bring home each night.  The trailer is full of power tools and supplies.  Mom and I work together on Sundays at the sites.  We worked at the FLC today.  I got the tell people about rope making, barrel making (coopering) and pottery.  This site involves participation from the viewers. Besides being interesting to me I really enjoyed meeting the people.  Mom explained candle making, bread making and the spinning process.  We will change sites each Sunday.  We were able to hear most of conference.  The weather here has been perfect and we are getting more comfortable each day.  We send our love to you all.  

No comments: